After last Christmas at the store we had quite a few wonderful Fair Trade ornaments remaining (seems the Christmas spirit had carried me away when I ordered them). We have donated the remainders to the Oak Bay Parent Owned Preschool, where our son Anton attends.
The ornaments will be sold during their annual Christmas tree sale. Details are below – please note that trees need to be purchased in advance and picked-up at the school on December 10th. The last day to order them online is November 30th. However, even if you aren’t interested in a tree please consider stopping by for a hot drink, a treat from the bake sale table, and pick-up an ornament or two! Cash please. I’ll also be trimming our holly beforehand and hope to drop some stems off for the sale.
– 2011 Christmas Tree Sales –
For over 30 years, the Oak Bay Parent Owned Preschool has sold Christmas trees to raise funds to operate the school and each year they also contribute bake sale proceeds to a community charity.
Cowichan Valley Christmas Trees:
- 5 1/2 to 7 foot tall Douglas Fir trees. Grown on the Island in the Cowichan Valley.
- Tree’s are cut the day before pick up – so they’re fresh.
- Pick up day is Saturday, December 10, 2011, between 8:00am and 12:00pm.
- Tree’s can be easily purchased by clicking here and selecting the ‘Buy Now’ link on the right hand side of the new page.
- Tree price is $32.00 including HST.
- Note that if you purchase your tree online, you won’t receive a voucher. You will only need to provide your name on tree pick up day.